The order form is a set of fields you fill when creating a new order. Orderry enables you to create multiple order types and configure separate order forms with different sets of fields for each one of them.
Navigate to the “Settings > Forms editor > Order form” page to set up an order form.
The Orderry app has two pre-configured order forms for “Paid” and “Warranty” order types. You can edit existing order forms and create new ones.
Remember: The system duplicates the last created existing form field for the new order type.
Select the order type you want to configure the order form for.
Working with fields
The order field is an input for specific order information.
Adding new fields
Step 1. Hit the “Add field” button.
There are several field types:
- System fields;
- Custom fields;
- New fields.
System fields group consists of “Brand”, “Device condition”, “Device type”, “Due date”, “Estimated price”, “Malfunction”, “Manager notes”, “Model”, “Parts and accessories”, “Scheduled for”, “Serial number / IMEI” and “Urgent” fields. Orderry uses the system fields in generating reports, documents, and displays them under badges. You can only remove them from the system (editing is disabled).
Custom fields are the fields you added manually.
Find your custom field variables for document templates in the “Device” section. You can distinguish those by digital code in their names.
New fields are the fields you've never added before. As soon as you create them, new fields transfer to the “Custom” group.
There are several field types:
- Text field. A text field is a field type for short text information (contains up to 128 characters). You can bind directories to text fields;
- Text area. A text area is a field type for large text information (contains up to 1024 characters). You can bind directories to text areas;
- Value list. A value list is a field type containing dropdown list values separated by commas. A value list contains up to 255 characters. You can bind directories to value list fields;
- Checkbox. The checkbox is a field type containing one of two values: “Yes” or “No”;
- Date. The date is a field type containing the event date in the following format: mm.dd.yyyy. You can configure a default value for a date field;
- Date + Time. The date + time is a field type containing the event date and time in the following format: mm.dd.yyyy hh:mm. You can configure a default value for a date + time field;
- Number. The number is a field type for numeric values (up to 32 digits and float delimiter).
Step 2. Enter the field name, bind directory (if applicable), and hit the “Save” button.
Field editing and configuration
Hit the Pencil icon next to the field name to edit it. You can modify the field name and type. The system automatically generates the variable name, you cannot edit it.
Note: you cannot edit the system field type.
Orderry allows you to bind directories to fields of “Text field”, “Text area”, and “Value list” types. This significantly increases the order form field processing speed and accuracy.
Move your form fields by holding the vertical ellipsis icon and dragging a field to the target location.
Check the “Required field” checkbox to make employees fill out the target field before saving results. The system does not allow creating or saving orders with empty required fields.
Orderry enables you to set default values for the “Text field”, “Text area”, “Value list”, and “Number” fields. Enter the default value into the field, and the system will autocomplete it upon order creating.
Hover over the field box and hit the Remove button on the right to remove the target field.
Remember: By removing the order field on the “Settings > Forms editor > Order form” page, you also remove this field from all orders of selected order type. There is no way to undo the changes, so be careful when removing the form field.
Working with headers
Compared to fields, headers have no type and don't generate variables. You can use Orderry headers to split the device information in the order form visually.
For instance, split your order fields by “Device info” and “Additional info” headers. This will make the navigation through the order form intuitive.
Hit the “Add header” button to create a new header. Enter the header name and hit the “Create” button.
Hit the Pencil icon to edit the headline, or press the Remove button to remove the selected header.
Move your headers by holding the vertical ellipsis icon and dragging a header to the target location.
Keep in mind that you have to configure form fields and headlines for each of your order types separately.